Hi, I need a card to send my Dad for Fathers Day (June 20th) and since he loves gardening and flowers I thought this card would be perfect – but it’s pink. I decided to challenge myself and make a more masculine friendly card with the same Blossoms and Thoughts stamp set, and the new Beach Retreat ink colours by Catherine Pooler Designs.
Watch the video tutorial just below and read on for the written tutorial.
Like this video? Please give it a big thumbs up (you can do this on Youtube, right under the video) and share it with a crafty friend! Leave a comment too, we love hearing from you.
- Ink blend Cove Blue, Stone Blue and Tranquil with a blending brush onto Bristol card
- Cover the blue ombre background with the Mod Flowers stencil
- Ink blend with the same colours over the same areas for a tone on tone look
- Stamp the flower from Blossoms and Thoughts stamp with Midnight ink onto Bristol card
- Colour with Mandarin Spice, Cove Blue, Sea Glass, Orange Peel using a blender pen.
- Die-cut with the coordinating dies
- From white card, die-cut the words Happy Fathers Day
- Also, die-cut vellum with a mini cover plate die
- Adhere the two flowers to the vellum and also the die cut words with liquid glue
- Trim the stencilled background to 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Foam mount the vellum panel to the background
- Adhere to an A2 card base
We have three great brands of blending brushes – Catherine Pooler’s, Trinity Stamps’s and Picket Fence Studios. I currently use the Picket Fence Studios brushes for the brighter and darker ink colours, and the Trinity Stamps blending brushes for the lighter colours. (Don’t forget to grab the Blending Brush Scrubber – this really helps to clean your brushes when they get too full of ink).
Share your Father’s Day cards (and other card makes) at the Paper Tree Tribe (have you joined our tribe yet?) And find all the products I use for today’s Father’s Day card in the shop.
Find more inspiration by Jeni here at the Tutorial blog