Hi, in today’s video tutorial I recreate this card with the So Very Loved stamp set and Gilded gold embossing powder. I love how just by changing a few colours you can change the whole feel of a card. Sterling embossing powder and pastel colours give a spring feel and Gilded embossing powder and deeper tones will give an autumn feel.
Watch the video tutorial below and find the products in the shop.
Like this video? Please give it a big thumbs up (you can do this on Youtube, right under the video) and share it with a crafty friend! Leave a comment too, we love hearing from you.
Autumn Rainbow card
Neenah Solar white 80lb card
Trinity Stamps So Very Loved stamp and coordinating die
- Stamp the rainbow with embossing ink and heat emboss with Gilded embossing powder twice.
- Colour with *Copic markers in deep autumn tones.
- Trim panel smaller, then die cut the rainbow and ‘loved’ word die.
- Heat emboss the sides of the panel with Gilded embossing powder and the ‘loved’ word die.
- Adhere the panel to a white card base, foam mount the rainbow in the die cut gap.
- Cut out both clouds from the extra rainbow, and foam mount over the clouds.
- Liquid adhere the Gilded embossed ‘loved’ on the sentiment.
I love teaming gold heat embossing with deep warm tones. I use RV29, RV29, YG99, E08, Y38, R35, B21 and C00 for the Autumn Rainbow. The Spring Rainbow is heat embossed with Sterling and coloured in soft pastel shades.
I hope you enjoy the video tutorial and will try this technique on your next card. We love seeing the cards you make. Share in the Paper Tree Tribe group and tag us on Instagram @shopthelittlepapertree
Find more inspiration by Jeni here at the Tutorial blog
*Brutus Monroe embossing powders are safe to use with alcohol markers such as Copics. Other embossing powders may not be alcohol marker friendly and can damage your marker nib and embossed lines.